Last Modified: 11/02/2016
We are confident that you are overjoyed with the purchase of your new door. We take great pride in our products and the service we provide. All products come with a manufacturer’s guarantee and are insured by the shipping company.
Product Returns and Exchanges
We understand that sometimes the product may not be up to your expectations. You may return a product subject to following terms:
- Prior authorization from My Dutch Door is required before any item is returned.
- Return of purchased item(s) must be initiated within ten (10) days of acceptance of delivery by you, except for ineligible products which are non-refundable, non-returnable, and final sale – see list below.
- A 25% restocking fee will be charged for all eligible products that are returned/exchanged–this includes damaged items as well.
- All returned products must be in their original condition or you will be charged for cost of damage.
- Please note that installation, staining, painting, or any modification to the door or frame implies that the door was received in good condition as described, accepted as such, and cannot be returned for full credit or exchange unless assessed for damage. See “Damaged Products” section below.
- Products must be returned in their original factory containers/boxes including all packing material and instructions.
- Exchanges: Products must reach our warehouse for inspection and approval before a replacement product is shipped out.
- Refunds will be made payable to you by the same method and to the same account that the original purchase was made.
- We reserve the right to refuse service or cancel orders placed on this site by issuing a refund anytime.
Return shipping costs
- You are responsible for the cost of return shipping including non-damaged items.
- You assume all liability for any damage or loss incurred during the return transit.
- My Dutch Door will not assume the transportation charges for any products returned by any shipping agency or company for products purchased through MyDutchDoor.com website.
- All delivery fees are non-refundable.
- We recommend you ship the product via insured common carrier service with a tracking number
- Once the returned item is received and processed, we will ship the replacement door at our cost.
- All products are carefully inspected for damage at factory and once again at our warehouse prior to shipping.
- It is your responsibility to inspect for any damage or loss in the presence of trucker and not accept any damaged item.
- Any damage claim made after the trucker leaves may not be covered by shipping insurance as the shipper must wait for you to inspect the item for damages and/or loss.
- Any cost of damages for goods returned for a refund or exchange after the trucker has left will be assessed and charged to you.
- You may return a door or frame that has been installed, stained, painted or modified by you. However, any such product will be considered “Damaged Goods”.
- Damaged Goods will be replaced only with the same brand and model as the original purchase.
- You agree that the cost of damages assessed by My Dutch Door will be final and binding.
- A 25% restocking fee will apply for all Damaged Goods that are returned.
Installation & Warranty
- All doors must be finished/sealed within 72 hours of receipt of delivery.
- Improper finishing/sealing of doors will void the warranty.
- Doors must be installed by a licensed, qualified professional door company to qualify for warranty.
- Installation without proper tools and knowledge may result in personal injury.
- Please inspect all components/parts prior to hanging the door.
Non-Returnable / Non-Exchangeable Products
- Pre-hung doors are final sale.
- Custom doors and products are final sale.
- Pre-finished doors are final sale.
- You have 1 business day (“Grace Period”) to make changes to your purchase of any non-returnable/non-exchangeable product. After the Grace Period your order is non-returnable/non-exchangeable.